Walltastic Map of the World Kids Wall Mural
Walltastic Map of the World will let your child travel the world and learn as they go. Visit all your favourite places and fill in the names as you leave for your next destination! Map of the world comes complete with tags for them to fill in the countries on their journey around the world. They can fill in Flag names too!
Walltastic Map of the World Kids Wall Murals are the next generation of designer wallpaper murals for children. With a fantastic range of unique, exciting and highly detailed designs to choose from, ranging from tots to teens, there is something to suit all age ranges.
Walltastic Map of the World Kids Wall Murals are a wall covering that covers any wall area up to 8ft x 10ft. Each Walltastic Map of the World Kids Wall Mural comes in panels which means it is easily applicable and flexible according to how much space needs covering. It comes rolled up similar to wallpaper in a retail gift box and is a great addition to any child’s bedroom, nursery or playroom.
The paper used on the Walltastic Map of the World Kids Wall Mural has been supplied by companies that adhere to the FSC™ Forest Management Programme and improve the quality of the environment and the forest eco-system
Walltastic’s room stickers can be applied to any smooth surface, including walls, doors and furniture, even create your own wall mural!
Walltastic Map of the World Wall Mural Measurements:
8ft high x 10ft wide / 243.84cm high x 304.80cm wide / 2.4384 m high x 3.048 m wide.
Walltastic Map of the World Kids Wall Mural INSTRUCTIONS:
BEFORE YOU START
Your wallpaper mural comes in panels. We make every effort to deliver a top quality product in perfect condition, by applying strict quality control procedures. Before applying paste, lay out your Walltastic mural to ensure that you are happy with the print and colour match and that it fits together correctly – Please note all joining edges are printed with an approximate 6mm overlap. If any defects are found please contact your supplier immediately. We do not offer exchanges or refunds once you have hung any part of your mural. Walltastic takes no responsibility for any damage caused to your mural after it has been delivered or during hanging.
INSTALLING THE PANELS
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the order of panel installation. Do not wait too long between installation of each panel or the panel designs will not line up correctly. Be prepared to proceed with each panel until the job is done before taking a break.
Since the placement of the first panel determines the overall look of the finished mural, take extra time and care to place it accurately. To mark the position of the first panel, draw vertical lines on the wall using a pencil, a level and a plumb line.
1. Select panel number 1
2. Lay panel face down on a flat surface. Apply the wallpaper paste evenly to the back of the panel, allow the paste to soak for 1 – 2 minutes, do not lay the pasted sheets on top of each other and do not fold the pasted panel. It is very important to take extra care to make sure paste is applied to the edges. Try not to get paste on the printed side, apply the panel on to the wall using a soft cloth. Work from top to bottom and from left to right taking extra care not to overwork each panel.
If one of the panels gets too wet or overworked by repositioning, it will stretch and make lining up the pattern most difficult.
3. Carefully remove excess paste from the front of the mural using a soft cloth. Too much rubbing or cleaning will remove the ink from the paper.
4. Repeat steps for remaining panels , following the printed guidelines on each panel overlap all joining edges by approximately 6mm, this prevents the seams from showing after they dry. It is common for each panel of a wet mural to be 1.25cm larger than a dry panel of the mural as each panel expands once paste is applied.
5. Trim the excess edges carefully after the paper has dried.
I have put up the top panels. Why are the bottom panels smaller?
When you received your Walltastic mural all panels were the same size, paste has been applied to the top panels which have now expanded and once paste is applied to the bottom panels these will expand too and match the top panels which you have already installed.
Why do I get air bubbles and creases in my wallpaper, even when I’ve smoothed it out?
Bubbles can be caused by uneven smoothing. If you are still hanging the wallpaper and can see a bubble forming, simply lift the wallpaper just beyond the bubble & re-smooth over. If a bubble is identified after drying it is likely to be worsened by pricking or slicing with a needle or knife, as when attempting to smooth over, the slightly stretched section of wallpaper may not shrink back and as a result will cause creasing.
Another cause of bubbles is if not enough paste has been used.
Why have the panels shrunk back at the edges and the pattern no longer aligns?
Shrinking occurs when the wallpaper does not adhere sufficiently to the wall before the wallpaper paste dries. Most wallpapers expand when paste is applied. If the wallpaper is not adhered to the wall properly or if it is over-stretched the wallpaper will start to shrink back as it dries.
Walltastic All Purpose Wallpaper and Mural Adhesive
Item Code – 43121
• For Hanging All papers including Heavyweights, Washable, Mural, Vinyl and Blown Vinyl.
• Mixes in 30 Seconds
• Hangs up to 5 rolls of wallpaper or 1 complete Walltastic mural.
• Paste the Paper
• Contains a fungicide to protect the adhesive against mould.
• Always follow manufacturers instructions.