BreastFeeding Chairs – Why?
I was working on our shop floor on the week end and realised that a lot of parents (particularly first timers) were asking one simple question when discussing breastfeeding chairs.
Why do I actually need a Glider Chair / Breast Feeding Chair?
There are so many reasons that most mums don’t realise until after they have had their first child. It is usually after they tried using an every day chair be that a home lounge chair or a recliner in their TV/Media Room to use a purpose designed breast feeding chair.
Often, it’s not until they have the second child. This is when they want to address the issues that they experienced using anything other than one of the purpose built BreastFeeding Chairs that they realise the importance and benefits.
So, Let me explain…
The common complaints we hear from mums NOT using proper breastfeeding chairs are:
- Back Aches
- Sore arms from wooden arm rests or arms rests without enough padding.
- Sore arms from arms rests that are too high or not wide enough
- A Sore neck from lack of head/neck support whilst in a breast feeding position.
- Baby gets motion sickness in their rocking chair.
- Everyday chair or rocking chair is hard to get in and out of.
- Too hard to keep the rocking chair rocking
- Nursing pillow’s aren’t able to be used because the arm rests are not the right width or height.
- Fabric on their expensive lounge chair is stained from breast feeding / spilt milk
- Fabric on the standard chair is hard to clean and hubby is getting annoyed.
- Baby still not wanting to sleep at all hours of the night.
The Glider Chair Difference?
Purpose designed and built breastfeeding chairs / glider chairs overcome those problem and gives you the following benefits.
- Padded arm rests ensure your arms are comfortable.
- Arms rests designed specifically so that they are wide enough for your arms to be either in or on top of them and work perfectly when combined with a breastfeeding pillow.
- Ergonomics of a glider help you support your back, neck and the baby better (especially when used in conjunction with a nursing pillow).
- Gliding motion encourages sleep – rocking motion encourages motion sickness in babies.
- Easy to get in and out of (particularly important after giving birth)
- More padding and provide more comfort than a standard chair including lumbar support for your back.
- Because they are designed to be breastfed in, they allow you to use many of the different breastfeeding positions comfortably.
- The glider chair glides on and in its own base as it only requires a little movement from you to get it into motion.
- Putting your feet up every time you breastfeed will take the pressure off your back and having your feet rested up on a foot rest helps you to relax.
- A breastfeeding Chair can be used long after you breastfeed.
- It can and most likely will be used for any future children you have.
You will look forward to breastfeeding baby in this chair just as much as you did the first time.
There is no reason why you can’t keep it in your room and read, knit, do crosswords or even watch your favourite movie in it. In fact, it’s not uncommon for Dad to pop in to our store and order a second one and both end up in the media room for long term use.
If you want to overcome the above breastfeeding issues because they sound familiar, or if you are about to breast feed and want to avoid those issues before they start… then there has never been a better time to buy one of the best breastfeeding chairs / glider chairs on the market in Australia!
Babyhood’s Glider Chairs / BreastFeeding Chairs are unique. This is because they use scratch and stain resistant fabric for easier cleaning. In addition a longer lasting design with proper bearings unlike the other brands. As a result, they glide smoothly and quietly for the long term and give better comfort due to the extra padding where it’s required for breast feeding.
Babyhood have mastered the breastfeeding glider chair (so much so that other brands are busy trying to copy them).
Right now – they are on sale! Click the button Below Now before it’s too late.
If you are local to our store – come in and check out the breast feeding chairs out in person today!
These Deals are Only While Stocks Last
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to call our store!
Don’t forget, We will beat ANY Price! So if you find a price out there in the market for these identical chairs, that we have not – let us know and I will smash it in line with our Advertised Price Guarantee!
About the Author
Frank is a founding owner of Bubs n Grubs. He is also the sole author of the Bubs n Grubs Baby Blog. He has been personally evaluating baby products & testing them before offering them to our customers since 2009. In addition, he is consistently giving manufacturer’s feedback & product development advice, reviewing & getting customer feedback. He has been doing this since the business started in 2009. He is proud to be one of the rare baby store owners in Australia who regularly engages with customers in his store. Frank values the constant feedback and regularly seeks it out. He has been featured on the Morning Show & the Today Show on Channel 7 and Channel 9 and is a recognised expert in baby products as a result.